In IT disrupting times, your strategy matters more than ever. This diagram should help us to better understand IT Strategy value in IT organization.
IT strategy should shape the direction of IT to maximize shareholder and business value. For that reason key principle is to understand how the business works and how company makes money.
Strategic objectives are one of the fundamental blocks doing your strategic planing, here are some examples:
- Drive business decisions based on data analysis;
- Lower IT operation costs, spend more for innovation;
- Identifying value added applications;
- Reorganize skills of IT personnel;
- Define and stick to IT architecture principles (architect in advance to support merger or carve-out scenarios);
- Leverage automation to increase stability;
- Foster mobility and ease of IT use.
Think SMART, your objectives should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-based.